Thursday, October 2, 2008

What's in a name?

We decided on the baby’s name awhile ago, but I didn’t want to blog about it because Won kept going back and forth with it. For example, during the Olympics, he wanted desperately to name her Nastia after the US Gymnastics Blonde Phenom. Nastia and then "Nas" for short...good thing it was just a phase. He also liked Logan after a female volleyball player. I guess he has a thing for female athletes.

We’re 99% sure we are naming her Lila Kim. I fell in love with that name after watching Friday Night Lights…terrible huh? Normally parents have these wonderful stories about naming their child after someone special in their lives or something meaningful that has happened, but we’re naming her after watching that football show with “Lila Garrity” as the cheerleader played by Minka Kelly who once dated John Mayer but has now been seen with Derek Jeter. BTW, I love celebrity gossip. She does play a cheerleader on the show…there’s some sort of connection with me?

According to www.babynames.com:
The meaning of the name Lila is Lilac Tree

The origin of the name Lila is Persian

Also a Hebrew name, meaning 'you are mine'.

I’ll leave ya with some pics of Lilacs…my new favorite flower!

5 comments:

BanglePark said...

HAHAHA omg you're so funny. Lila is a beutiful name. and Minka Kelly i think i hot so doesn't hurt. And please...no Nastia. It sounds like a korean saying something is nasty.

BanglePark said...

I like Mahone! so i was so happy they broke him out! and wentworth is such a hottie...i think he's way too hot for Dr.Sarah.

hotpinksaintjohn said...

nasty-ya!!! you are nasty-ya! i can't believe that was a serious consideration. i'm glad you decided on lila, and i'm glad the spelling is l-i-l-a. hahaha. :-)

lilsprinkles said...

please PLEASE DO NOT change her name!!!

Anonymous said...

Nastia- that's hilarious! Dave had a grand ol' time making fun of her name throughout the Olympics. I LOVE the name Lila- I watched August Rush recently on dvd and I that was Keri Russell's name in the movie! Good choice :)

Reading about your pregnancy journey brings a tear to my eye (yes, per my email, i'm very emotional for some reason these days). so incredibly happy for you guys!!