Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend Updates

I'm sick as a dog. Not really but it feels like it since I'm preg. I thought I would escape from getting sick these 9 months, but I was wrong since last Thursday. I only took Tylenol to help cure my cold, but thank goodness I saw my doctor on Friday because she told me Robitussin was safe to take.

On a brighter note, I only gained two pounds in three weeks! WOOOHOOO! This is HUGE news for me, and even my doc mentioned that I must be eating better because I was averaging 1.25 pounds a week. I cut down all sweets, white breads, and salt (so hard to do esp cause I have a hubs who cannot stand bland food). My obsession with my weight gain has reached its peak! I'm glad I'm over it because I only have two months left...ahhhh TWO MONTHS!

Lately I've been thinking of all the activities I'll miss doing now that I'm having a baby. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for having our lil girl, and I'm so excited to finally be a mommy. However, lately I've been reminded time and time again that life will change, and I will have to forego a lot of things - for good and some temporarily.

So here are just some of the things I know I'll miss doing in no particular order...

1.) Taking a vacay day from work to hit up the bi-annual Barney's Warehouse sale with my girls.



Hardcore? Yes! Look how focused we look. (pictures taken from jangmi's xanga)

I'm sure I'll be visiting good ol Santa Monica in 2010 :-)

2.) Midori all you can eat sushi

Locations: Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Encino
Price $25/person

Did I mention all you can eat ono and fatty albacore belly?

3.) My daily coffee fix and two buck chuck

4.) Dancing with my girls. But what I'll miss even more are those random things that happen throughout the night -



Eyelash malfunction



Everyone singing the wrong lyrics



Getting "low" but not having the ability to get back up because of weak knees

The list goes on...too bad I didn't have a pic of our many bathroom episodes!

4 comments:

skinnyfat said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww. i can't wait until you're back. i miss you, even though i'm happy with the pregnant you. congrats on the 2 pounds this month! i'll buy you a present if you stay under 160. :-)

jangmi said...

you just recapped our conversation last night...its sad that we have so many stories from our dancing queen days. dude, look at your arms in the barneys sale pics! that was perfect...i'm jealous!

hotpinksaintjohn said...

haha. i had to come back again. the eyelash pic is ridiculous and brings a smile to my face. how sad that we're in our 20's and can't even "get low. get low low." i realized that i'm holding onto your jeans to pull myself back up. geeeez.

lilsprinkles said...

i went through that too...early in the pg. it's normal...seems like lots of mothers get that feeling. although it's wonderful and so rewarding to be a mother, i still get that feeling once in awhile.

and hey if i can get low in my EARLY 30's then you girls still can too! skinnyfat, i told you to come with me to my hip hop class! :)

big sis