Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dec 2nd = Britney Spears’ Birthday

My work lunch buddy is on vacay, so I’ve been running a lot of errands lately. I got my nails done today, which I try not to do so often because of the smell…it gets me light headed, but I had to have pretty nails for my Baby Shower which is this weekend! Woohoo! I can’t wait.

Normally when I get my nails done, I’m usually listening to the Viet ladies talk crap or I’m catching up on Days of our Lives which always seems to be playing no matter which nail salon I go to. However, today was just an odd day. A 13-year old girl struck up a conversation with me about my pregnancy and asked me loads of questions. It was very entertaining, and she even gave me the name of her pediatrician which she went on and on about for five minutes. I didn’t realize teens still go to pediatricians? I thought they move up to regular doctors? Who knows? I told her Lila’s name, which she responded with, “Oh how adorable! You have to spell it Leila like my friend.” I’m not doing that for many reasons which I won’t go into. Then she asked when I was due, and I replied December 2nd which prompted her mouth to open so wide. O-M-G, that’s Britney Spear’s Birthday! I’m not kidding; she said the OMG letters! Do kids really talk like that? I’ve only heard the actors say that on Gossip Girl.

I couldn’t help but laugh because she kept saying how awesome it would be if my baby was born on the day Britney was born. How awesome would that be!????? OMG!

3 comments:

BanglePark said...

hello! remember i ddole you in the car (i think the day we went to kyo chun and bon chun) and you guys were like..."ok you freak - WHY do you know that?". and Leila...why? hub's ex? :) you got my nosey light blinking. I'll see you Saturday!

skinnyfat said...

hahaha. i remember. bangles did tell us it was the birthday of britney spears and we all looked at her as if she were crazy (but who isn't?).

jangmi said...

O to the M, G!! that would be freaaaakin awesome! hahaha! and yes, they do talk like that...i have to listen to my cousins say IDK and OMG all the time. can't wait till sat. TTLY!!