Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Last purchase for the nursery

I'm done with the nursery! That is, I have everything planned out in my head and drawn out on paper but nothing is actually done in the room. That's the way I work. Last minute gal. Actually I never used to be like this...I've changed this year!

Her name will be spelled out in these scalloped frames from Bellini.



I bought two nursery drawings from Etsy...love etsy!!!! My sis and I have a shop on etsy too. Check it out! Not sure where the elephant/bunny drawings will go in her room? I don't think these drawings even match with the decor, but I liked them too much. Gotta incorporate them somehow. Here is one of them:



Too bad it doesn't snow in these neck of the woods!

The final purchase we made this weekend was a rug that Won actually picked out. He's so proud of this purchase...it's kinda cute to see him feel like he contributed to her room. He was getting nervous that her room was looking a bit adultish, so he picked out a big ol butterfly/bird rug.



That's it. I will be able to accomplish one of the things off my list from my prior post - eating at a nice steakhouse. Not Mastro's but Lawry's. We're celebrating my mom's 60th birthday in a few weeks. 60!??? Time goes by way too fast.

After re-reading my post, these three pictures just show how hodge podgey her room is going to be! I guess this is what happens when you don't have a theme????

5 comments:

BanglePark said...

I love that bunny/elephant picture! So cute! Won did a fine job - at least he didn't get a Chicago Bears rug. hahaha, can you imagine? My mother's 60 in a few months too...they're getting so old!

sillie smile said...

it's all so cute! i love the print :)now i hope you have the energy to get the room ready... it can be tiring.

only a few more weeks, right?!

jangmi said...

how weird, i just told phil we have to eat at lawrys before L.B. comes!! that should be on every pregnant lady's list. i love the letters...very shabby chic!!

the room is going to be beautiful!

skinnyfat said...

wow did a good job on the rug!!

Anonymous said...

omg, I was going to get you a letter L from Bellini for your shower. whew, good thing I didn't. I'm still so excited about your news today!!!