Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Update

My department of four gave me a baby shower at one of my co-worker's home. It was at her "party patio" complete with "drinky-poos" for her "sweet lil angel". Yes, I'm an angel to her! hehe. But she calls every girl an angel. This sweet halmoni has so many one of a kind phrases. It's pretty hilarious.



I have some fave places to buy cakes, but I would have to say Bread Basket is now on the top of my list. They won an award for 2008 best wedding cakes, and the cake was THE BEST ever. Too bad this bakery is all the way in Camarillo...too far.



The food...don't forget the cerveza!



The halmoni actually bought me a stroller! I didn't want to accept it because she also made me a baby blanket and sewed it herself, but she set it up for me prior to me coming, added the teddy bear, and gave me the instructions. The sweetest lady..



Mary Ann made me this monstrous diaper cake. I've never seen a diaper cake w/o the diapers rolled up in cylinders but done this way where she just fanned out the diapers.

Saturday - got a Chinese head to foot massage at the acupuncturist. I desperately needed it because the right side of my body is super swollen.

Can't wait for this Friday. Church is having a Harvest Festival, and I'm still contemplating on what to dress up as...couple suggestions from my small group said that I should either be a Catholic school girl or a nun. I don't have either outfit! I do have a Cat in the Hat outfit that I borrowed from my girlfriend???

6 comments:

jangmi said...

wowi!! what a nice baby shower from your coworkers...they're going to miss you! that cake looks so yummmmy. i might have to drive to camarillo to eat it (and shop a little too).

jyang said...

that is soo sweet of your coworkers. wow! going as a nun would be pretty funny. maybe your hubby can be the catholic alter boy. =)

sillie smile said...

how NICE :) my coworker bought me a pink jogging stroller... that we have yet to use!

what can you do, right? i guess just be thankful for the extra stroller?!

(i'm assuming it's not the one off your registry?!)

Unknown said...

hey why you gotta rag on catholics! i must admit either idea would be pretty funny though...

i need costume ideas too!!

skinnyfat said...

pregnant catholic school girl is awesome. either that or wear a blonde wig, cut off shorts, cowboy boots and you can be britney spears.

BanglePark said...

That is so sweet!!! Good luck tomorrow night...get out of the way when some crazy michael jordan wannabe's go for dunks! =)