Friday, August 21, 2009

First haircut

Before:



Look at that mullet just screaming for someone to cut it all off!

We had to prep for the first haircut in our bathroom. Gave her a bath to calm her down, got the loudest toy we could find to distract her, sat her in the bumbo, wrapped her body with my hula skirt from the honeymoon, got my sharp eyebrow scissors, and then I snipped away.

After:



Lila did great considering it was her bedtime. Mommy and daddy have to adjust to the new do. Daddy more so...he was not thrilled that I cut 3 inches. Hello, he was sitting right next to me when I did the cutting. I didn't hear any complaints then. Men!

Lila, these soft locks are going into your scrapbook. I pray that you have daddy's hair!!!

5 comments:

Grace Y said...

I feel you with the hair comment, unless I give birth to a horse- she needs to have V's hair. I must say, you did cut off a lot! Weren't you sad at all? Cricket is a little over 2 and still no hair cut. My sis can't bear it. LOVE that first hair cut label thingy... you're too cute!

lilsprinkles said...

can't wait to see her with her new do!

skinnyfat said...

aaaaaah. her hair is so short now! she must look so different. can't wait to see her new do. i'm proud of you for doing it!

Unknown said...

her hair!! hope the beanie fits her littler head. you need to post a front view pic with the new do

jangmi said...

i'm sad! i loved the mullet!! the good thing is, lila looks cute in sportin any hair style.