Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dol (1st Birthday) Part I

Planning must start now! DIY Checklist has been created and I'm going to start asap because I don't want to be bombarded last minute while trying to build up inventory for a potential holiday fair.

DIY Projects

*Make banner for backdrop of dol table. I tried to penny pinch where I could and decided I would opt out of the rental banners and make my own. The balloon peeps gave me the measurements for the banner which will be centered inside a balloon display of ladybugs and flowers. Easiest thing will be her initial. Now what to make it out of is the big question.

*Make doljabi stuff for the guest table. I bought little glass containers at Goodwill last week (btw, it's totally my fave store at the moment) for $.40/ea, and I'll use those as the little ticket holders. I can go and on about Goodwill...lol. You can find such great gems at that place!

*Make party hats for Lila and her friends.

*Make goody bags for lil guests. Possibly use the sewing machine for this?

*Make a ladybug-ish theme garland for the front entrance.

*If I end up doing cupcakes which I'm leaning towards, I want to make cupcake toppers after seeing these online...







hmmm...this little cutie with a stamped party hat makes me think I can make one with Lila's face with drawn in antennas?

*INVITATIONS! Gosh most important thing. I have no clue...

That's it for now. Piece of cake, right? haha NOT! OMG I'm getting the sweats thinking about this stuff.

3 comments:

parywinklepapergoods said...

love that "L" cupcake topper. have fun planning! let me know if you need any help w/anything!

jangmi said...

can't wait to see the whole fiesta when its all put together...its going to be sooo fab!!

sillie smile said...

i think the cupcake topper with antennas drawn in is such a cute idea!!

lila's dohl will be SO cute!! :) i went the total easy route, since i had to have 2 dohls....