Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Waiting Game

Just got back from the doc, and I'm 2 centimeters dilated! Dr. Wong said she felt Lila's head, and my cervix is thinning nicely. What does this all mean? Well, I guess it means I can have Lila any day now, which is FREAKING ME OUT!

This is what I found on a birthing site - birthing with guinever:

"You can be 36, 37, or 38 weeks pregnant, 2 centimeters dilated and not have your baby for several weeks. Or you can be 2 centimeters dilated and be in very early labor or pre-labor having a couple contractions an hour and maybe have a baby within the next couple days. Or you can be 2 centimeters dilated and be having very long, hard contractions that are close together. In this last scenario, you will have your baby very soon."

I have one thing planned this week in the OC, and I'm wondering if I can do it alone because it's during the week and during work hours. No hubs to drive me around!

I'm trying to rest up as much as possible because I feel like the last couple days I've been out and about and being more active than normal. I need just one more week...just one more week!!!

4 comments:

jangmi said...

wow! very exciting news!! i'm so pooped after the sale...i will have to continue this comment at a later time. =)

BanglePark said...

what are you coming down to OC for? do you need us to drive you somewhere? call mandu. HAHA j/k! let me know if you need anything. and don't breathe the smoky air outside - wear a mask!

skinnyfat said...

you forgot to share the details of how the dr. felt lila's head! haha. i am still so grossed out by that, but i guess that's because i'm immature. :-) how was the drive on sunday? why am i asking you online? might as well just give you a call after 7pm when i have free minutes!

BanglePark said...

hahaha, no~ i didn't KNOW it was gonna be a gigantore hike like that...it was supposed to be an easy breezy one. My legs are still shaky. ap would've left to be with the crowd a mile ahead but he probably feared the consequences. =)