Friday, November 7, 2008

Six pounds and counting...

I am SO incredibly happy today! Today is my last day of work, and I officially start maternity leave. I’m also grinning ear to ear because my doctor’s visit was a good one. She said Lila is estimated to be 6 pounds right now! I have three more weeks to go, so by the time I give birth she might be around 7.5. Not bad, right? I say not bad because everyone and their moms have been telling me that I’ll probably have a big baby because I was a 10 pounder. I honestly don’t know how my mom did it, but I was a ghastly 10 pounds. I’ll have to scan a picture of my baby picture and well as Won’s baby pic so you can see what a big chubs I was.

I know these are all estimates, and I can potentially have a bigger/smaller baby than expected. I’m just happy to know she didn’t estimate me at more!

I haven’t dropped at all either, and my doc said it won’t happen for awhile. The way things are looking now, maybe I’ll have my baby probably on time or even later. Sooo…does that mean I can go to the Splendid/Ella Moss sale next week without worrying that my water is going to break????

Still contemplating that one!

2 comments:

skinnyfat said...

i'm so happy for you!!! congrats on entering maternity leave for the next few... years(?)! jk. i'm so glad you can finally relax. come and join us at the sale. lila needs fashionable threads from the store. don't deny her/

jangmi said...

the answer to your question is YES!!! c'mon, we need to help each other in the baby section!!

anyhow, p and i officially started buying lauryn's things and i must say...it's pretty exciting. i feel like i haven't shopped in so long, i almost forgot the joy of it. good thing, this only lasted a moment. =) looks like i'm back on track and ready for splendid!