Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fantasy...not so bad

Not sure if your other halves are involved with Fantasy Football, but my hubs sure is. Pre-preggers, I was definitely bothered by it. From Monday - Friday night, I could expect him on his computer checking out espn, yahoo sports, cbs sportsline, blah blah. It got worse when he had to use two laptops to do his thing. What's even worse is that Sundays are, of course, the game days and also the day to go to church. Now that he has his crackberry, I see him sneaking in peeks to check out the scores during service. Ugh. Four months of this...

Now that I'm preg and have other hobbies of my own, it doesn't bother me at all (except when he gets in a horrible mood when he doesn't win his weekly matches). I'm actually happy to have my own time to do crafts, research on baby stuff, re-prioritizing my list of things to do, etc. I guess I was way too dependant on him the last 3 years during football season to keep me company. What a loner I was! At these times, I wish I was closer to my family and friends to leave him be on Sunday afternoons and go play.

5 comments:

jangmi said...

yes, just give in! its a battle that cannot be won! =)

sillie smile said...

i call myself fantasy football widow.

sundays i sleep while i hear the channels being flipped back and forth between games/stations!

*Sigh*

BanglePark said...

It's like he's on some business conference call every Sunday. The worst part is that it's not just football season but there's Fantasy baseball and basketball...sot it's a year-round PITA (pain-in-the-ass) for me.

skinnyfat said...

i so know what you mean about the drunk pictures. hello, do they not know how to have fun???! dang, we ruled the nak-world! why isn't the cerritos girl representing for us? anyways. i wanted to comment about your minimom post, but i was having comp. problems. you are so a mini-mom. asian decor!! cracks me up. helloooooooo it's me... MAHM. xoox.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you recognize it's a lost cause and you're on your way to reform.