Sunday, September 14, 2008

Robomom

That's my new nickname from the hubs. The swelling on my hands has gotten worse over the month. I've been waking up in the middle of the night because of the pain, and I can't even make fists on both hands. My doctor suggested wearing wrist splints - pic below.



I guess they look a bit robotic especially since I have to wear them on both wrists. I definitely look like a dork with them on, but it's helped me out tremendously! I've worn them to sleep this past weekend, and I'm considering wearing them to work this week...maybe. If you experience swelling or Carpel Tunnel, these splints will definitely help ease the aching/tingling sensation. Purchased from Target for $18.

4 comments:

skinnyfat said...

cute post! even though i'm sad you have carpel tunnel, i'm glad you are getting a kick out of it and calling yourself robomom. i hope your swelling goes down, and your arms/wrists feel better!!

jangmi said...

oh shoot!! thats so funny! you know i love you...but robomom cracks me up. i'm glad its helping you though. you are one tough mommy =)

BanglePark said...

LOL that is hilarious C!!! hahaha. I can see you in a robomom pose - like the one you and skinnyfat did at palm springs with the bracelets. LOL!

jyang said...

omg....poor thing!! btw, you really should rest it as much as possible now because i had carpal tunnel and tendonitis after giving birth. it was really bad...couldn't hold a chopstick. it was made worse by bfeeding too. it's a bit better but still very sensitive and so have to watch how i hold the baby, etc. hopefully you won't have to deal with that!