Saturday, July 25, 2009

My first ride

I've wanted to bust this out for awhile now, but for some reason, I thought I needed the hubs to be with me. Why? I don't know. I kept thinking it would take time to set up or I would need an extra hand in case she went ballistic in the cart.

She was fine though and actually seemed to enjoy the shopping cart ride. There was a lot going on in Costco today, so she was easily entertained by all the people and the loud beeping noises of the box lifting machines.



Last night was dinner at Mastros. My sis babysat for us so we could go eat grown up style...a first in a LONG TIME. Let me just say, Mastros in Costa Mesa has a completely different feel than the one in Bev Hills. I thought I was in a sports bar! We wanted to sit near the piano playing man, and he was situated next to the bar. Three big flat screen TVs were playing baseball games, people in shorts and white t-shirts were eating at the bar like it was TGIFs, and the waiters had no shame in chit chatting away loudly enough for us to hear. It was so strange and so not what I expected since the BH location made me feel like I was under dressed in jeans & heels.

Food was still good though, but I wonder if it's worth the $. We had the Mambo Salad (I could get this time and time again), Bone in Filet for me, Bone in Rib Eye for him, Lyonnaise Au Gratin Potatoes and Gorgonzola Mac & Cheese. Oh and don't forget our drinks - $5 soda and $17 M Bar Flirtini. I couldn't even drink half of my martini because it was so strong. They are not sheisty with their vodka! The shaker had enough for another full glass, so the hubs was lovin it.

Leftovers for lunch today. Sigh...I feel like I gained 5 lbs from all that cheese and gogi.

4 comments:

jangmi said...

you're making my mouth water!! i think i would need the hubs too on the first try. you just never know. =)

BanglePark said...

lila's adorable...she looks just like both mommy & daddy. i agree - not sure M's worth the arm & leg. maybe just the arm.

jewelbugg said...

hi christina! just stopping by =) your daughter is such a cutie pie! I need to try Mastro's sometime.

Asianmommy said...

What a cute little seat cover. Makes shopping seem much more fun!