Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SHE'S ONE!

Long time blogging friends! I've been holed up in my office sewing like a madwoman. I knew this was going to happen to me. After the dohl, I knew I wouldn't be able to rest for another three weeks cause of the fair. Although this fair wasn't as good as Renegade, it was a good learning experience. We got some great tips from fellow vendors, and hopefully my sis learned a few things since she'll be doing the next one ALONE! I need a summer break!

I can't believe Lila is ONE! I just saw the ticker on my blog...kinda weird seeing that. I can't believe I didn't update since pre-dohl! I was going to do a birthday picture update, but I'm seriously bday'd out.

She did great at her 1st birthday party! There were about three "almost" meltdowns, but the bubble show, her crackers, and the cupcake saved the day! And of course, the last nap which was a long one helped her from going delirious towards the end of the night. Gosh, now thinking back, she was a trooper as all babies are for their dohls. Meeting and greeting people, changing clothes and wearing a super uncomfortable han-bok, having strangers come up to your face non-stop, schedule getting thrown off...it's an ordeal for them! If only she could remember the day...

I'm sad to say she warmed up to the in-laws only the last few days of their stay here at our house. Wow...tell me about delayed stranger anxiety. I feel so bad for my in-laws. They were giving her soooo much love too. If she only knew! My MIL made her fancy jook which is stored in my freezer. ahhhhh LOVE IT! I don't have to worry about making another batch for awhile! Hopefully Lila will give them a warm hello when we go to Chitown in 6 months. Can't wait!

Seriously in a month, soooo many things have changed! She's drinking cow's milk, which was a big hurdle. It took almost two weeks for her to transition. Ughhh headache. I can already tell, she's not big on change! I'm still nursing once before bedtime, but I'm thinking of dropping it because she doesn't seem like she needs to or wants to. Am I forcing it upon her? haha I don't want to give the last feeding up :( Can't she stay a baby forever?

Lila started taking her first steps a couple weeks ago, but she is now walking from one end of the room to the couch all by herself! I'm sad I missed her doing this the first time. She decided to walk like a big girl just for her daddy while I was at the fair! Her waddle is hilarious! One thing she has mastered is the kimchi squat!!! She's a freakin pro at doing that!

No pics to share except this blurry one I took a few days ago. I don't think I can forget that night because it was the first time I saw her comforting Samantha. She's completely "aware" when someone is feeling sad. Lila kept putting her head on Samantha's head as if she was giving her a kiss. My sis and I couldn't believe it! Where did she learn this? It was amazing to see such sisterly love between them. It worked too! After that, they all had fun jumping and playing together!

2 comments:

jangmi said...

awww i missed your posts. can't wait to see lila walking! hopefully lb will walk soon and we can take them somewhere fun. are we still on for tomorrow night? i soooo need a gno!

Stella said...

I love your story of Lila at the end! How sweet is that?! You must be pooped from Lila's dohl and the holiday fair. I hope it went well! Did you end up buying the banner??