Monday, October 12, 2009

On a cold Columbus Day

We went for a stroll this morning, and it was super cold so I went back home after walking a block. I put her in a thick hoodie, and took her to the post office to take care of some errands. Right as I was about to turn into the post office, I realized it was closed because of Columbus Day. I drove the opposite direction of my house to go to Goodwill in hopes that they were having a nice Columbus Sale, and then I made a u-turn after realizing her stroller wasn't packed in my trunk after the short walk we had in the a.m., nor was her shopping cart cover because it was being washed. I wasn't about to carry her in my arms, and I definitely wasn't going to put her in their shopping cart. I love Goodwill, but it's not the cleanest place in the world and I didn't have enough wipes to clean it down.

Sigh...a bad start to a cold day.

On a lighter note, the weekend was great! We went to South Coast, and I found nothing yet again. I did discover Oilily though. How could I forget about Oilily? I used to work next door to that store during my college days at Benetton, and I would always wonder who the heck shopped there? Ahhh...now I know why people shop there. Their clothes are so unique and so colorful and so happy! I went inside so anxiously to see if I could score something for Lila, but I couldn't bare spend that kind of money on something she'll wear for only a couple times. $68 for a skirt. $158 for a jacket...the cutest jacket I've ever seen though! I was VERY close, but the smart side of my brain kicked in and said to walk out.

I introduced toast sticks with cream cheese and kidney beans this week.

The curious little thing had a couple slices of this and devoured it. Kidney beans...that's another story. I tried mixing it up with sweet potato, but she wasn't too fond of that either. I'll have to revisit the beans again later.

Hubs was getting so antsy about his scores (fantasy fball), so I told him he needed to take Lila to the park to get his mind off such nonsense. She's looking more and more like the hubs everyday. The mini won!

2 comments:

smiley said...

aww love the mommy/daughter picture! i love lila's facial expression

jangmi said...

you're so good with lila's menu! i envy you. =) we should go hit up south coast when the babies are asleep...then we can do some real damage!!