Friday, September 25, 2009

Favorite meal

It's hard enough to figure out what I should eat (trying to be good about NOT EATING OUT), and now it's beginning to be a challenge to figure out what to feed Lila. I want to give her a variety of food...hopefully that might help in not having her become a picky eater like her daddy. She's already not a fan of meat. Yikes and I'm such a carnivore!

I finally found a meal that's quite easy to make that I can actually eat too. I can always count on her to finish this meal: Brown rice jook (porridge) + broccoli + egg yolk.

I usually make 2-3 cups of brown rice and freeze whatever I don't feed her or eat myself. I was skeptical about freezing the porridge because it seems so sticky compared to white rice porridge, but it really microwaves well. All I need to do is add in a serving of broccoli or carrots and mash in an egg yolk. The egg white will be my snack for the day with peanut butter + ____. I can eat peanut butter with anything...w/ celery, toast, or just eating it right out of the jar. Ughhh...I know it's so fattening but isn't it healthy at the same time? I hate those kinds of foods!!!! Nuts, avocados, bananas - all these things can be found in my home.

Thank you for porridge. I can't wait till I can just feed her this without sticking it in the magic bullet!

No comments: