Tuesday, September 8, 2009

20 minutes and still standing

Lila has turned our world upside down. I'm being dramatic here, but I don't know what to do! She learned how to pull herself up by using the crib railing, and she won't get back down. Of course, this is the cutest sight in the world to me but not so cute when she decides to do this instead of sleep. Perhaps she doesn't know how to plop herself down or perhaps she just wants to make mommy go crazy! Her naps and bedtime have been thrown off schedule, and I totally depend on that schedule. I've signed her up for classes this fall, and I'm nervous that things will not go back to normal by next week. I guess this should be expected with babies though, huh?

I put her down for her last nap of the day, and she usually peeks above the bumper as I leave. Instead, she got right on her knees and pulled herself up. As I was watching her through the monitor, I decided to wait it out for 10 minutes before laying her back down. She was just fine - babbling away, gnawing on the rubber crib guard, cruising back and forth. After 15 minutes passed, she started getting antsy and letting out a few cries. At about 20 minutes, I thought she had enough so I went in and laid her down. She smiled and I quickly left the room. I rushed to the monitor, and she was just playing with her blanket and stuffed animal. I thought I was in the clear. Next thing you know, she got on her knees with a whimper and stood up again! Why???????

This has been ongoing for the past three days. Any suggestions????

2 comments:

sillie smile said...

oh no!
sillie did this at 3am one night, she couldn't lie back down! we let her cry it out, but after 30 minutes of screaming (different than normal) we went in there and figured it out- she was stuck... it's sad. but it's the last time she got stuck standing.
but then again, we're all about the crying it out. mean, huh?

jyang said...

oh that sounds JUST like what hudson went through. he would learn to pull himself up but he didn't know how to sit back down. unfortunately, you're going to have to keep teaching her and wait it out until she learns. if that or some other reason is messing w/ her nap schedule, it's just for a time and it will go back or it's going through a transition period. when you have a baby, one things for sure...change is constant! =)