Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gotta learn some moves from Beyonce

I've made some weak attempts to exercise - walks around the lake, doing some crunches at home, dancing for Lila, etc. However, yesterday was a milestone. I went to 24 hour! My sis has been taking a hip hop class and has been raving about it, so I took it with her and will hopefully keep up with it on a weekly basis. It's also so nice to get out of the house even if it's to go to the gym. :P

Now to explain the title of my post...this instructor has a thing for booty shakin. I think she'll bust the Beyonce booty moves for every class. What to do? I can't do it. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I tried to do the shake when I got home. Cmon I'm sure all of you have danced in front of the mirror before! My poor body just isn't coordinated or have the speed to jiggle my butt that fast. I'll keep trying though! Summer is right around the corner, and I'm determined to look normal in a one piece. If not, I'll have to bust the three piece from high school = bikini + long shirt!

6 comments:

jangmi said...

keep it up!! i have faith in you...and about the booty shake, practice makes perfect!

lilsprinkles said...

you're lucky she didn't put on "all the single ladies", which she has been doing. she wants us to learn the moves! the butt shakin will come...mine hardly turned in the beginning!

sillie smile said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
i cracked up :) honestly, EVERYONE must dance infront of the mirror at one point, right? :)

you're so lucky you can go to those kind of classes. i hate the 24 by my house.

Anonymous said...

hey, have you been going to the LM 24? you have to go to that gym with a cute outfit on and a full face of make-up. I swear, those Asian skinny minnies...I am confident you will bust your move for us this summer. xoxo

skinnyfat said...

all the single ladies!! all the single ladies!! :-) you'll be nicole richie in no time!!!

and i agree w/ mandu's comment. no LM 24. it's like a club, you gotta look good when you roll in. stick with the ghetto 24. you'll feel better.

lilsprinkles said...

k says that he went to the LM one and saw a girl with FULL ON mascara running down her face...just black running down her cheeks. i asked why he didn't say anything to her and he said that it's her fault for putting on her face to go work out!