Sunday, February 8, 2009

100 day celebration right around the corner

Lila is a few weeks shy of 100 days old, and I've been contemplating on what to do for the Baek Il. By the way, the 100th day celebration is a Korean tradition. In the past, due to a lack of medical information, Korea's seasonal temperature differences, and many childhood related diseases, the death rate for children was extremely high. Many children died before their first birthday. So when children lived to be 100 days old, the family would celebrate with rice cakes and other yummies.

We'll definitely be getting dduk which I LOVE, and we decided to cater Korean food. My hubs said he doesn't care what dishes we get as long as we order a big pile of those mayo covered mussels - the dish that always goes fast in the buffet line! Big sis will be providing dessert which will be a jello concoction. Jello always reminds me of jello shots which I had once in my life. lol, I'm assuming these will be better.

I'm getting the itch to start sewing again! My next sewing project will be making decorations for the baek il...if time permits. :P

I really want to make this garland (from Purlbee) and make some fabric Easter eggs to put on my tree branches.



So many wonderful things to look forward to in the next upcoming months. LRB will arrive into this world in a few weeks...skinnyfat will find out if it's a boy/girl tomorrow...baby shower to plan...woohoo!

4 comments:

jangmi said...

that garland is soooo purrrty!! i had a dream last night that lrb was soooo~ big and heavy that i could not lift her. i kept trying and trying but nothing would work...so bizarre huh?

skinnyfat said...

if you make the fabric garland, can you save it and reuse it for the shower? so cute!! can't believe it's 100 days already for lila. in no time, it'll be her first birthday, then prom, then marriage. hahah. i am so dramatic. when was your first jello shot? i don't think i've ever had one!!!

lilsprinkles said...

no alcohol in this jello. tell W "sorry". we'll have to save it for another day...

sillie smile said...

wow, 100 days already! time is just flying by....
post more pics!!