Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To be young again

I'm approaching the 30's...yikes! Not like it's a bad thing, but it just got me thinking have I done everything I wanted to do in my 20's? Or the real question is what can I not do in my 30's that I can still get away with in my 20's? Am I just rambling?

I spent hours on end reading old cards and letters from my college days. I opened some old boxes I picked up from my mom's house, and I was so excited to see my old stash of letters. It was the highlight of my night! Gosh the things my friends and I wrote about..."you're so buckwild", "i'm napster.com", "live it up, you're only 21 once. no more hiding in the bathroom at le prive"!!!! awww that was the last thing i read - my 21st birthday card from my girlfriends. And yes, there was a time my friend and I hid in the bathroom of a club because we were underage, and the Alcohol Crackdown people (forgot their official name) came to check people's ids. We were so terrified thinking we would go to jail. I still remember what I wore that night - a white tank top with tulle spaghetti straps. Whoa..scary!

Anyways with all this reminiscing, I realized I need a change. I've decided to get highlights instead of my favorite...magic straight. I'm excited because I think I've done it twice in my life, so that's my way of feeling young again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry--you're still young. In your 30's, you can still do what you did in your 20's--you'll just be a little wiser. :)

skinnyfat said...

whoa whoa whoa!!! highlights!! i haven't seen that on you since hs... but those turned out more like cheetah spots! this post makes me so happy! please don't say 30's yet. crazy! we are still in our 20's and still buckwild yo! hahah.