Friday, February 5, 2010

First week of school

First off, I'm home! Yippee! Paris was amazingly beautiful, but my home is the best place to be.

I was a bit nervous about taking Lila to school the week we came back from vacay, but she fell right back into her schedule. I have to say she is an easy lil girl when it comes to her sleep. As long as she has crib and blankie, she's good to go.

Our first week of school was fun, interesting, and really eye-opening. I predicted Lila would enjoy herself and behave during circle time because she loves music and books, but what about activity time, craft time, recess, and snack time?

Activity time: B+
I don't think she's ever sat in a chair by herself without a seatbelt attached to her. Granted these are tiny chairs but I didn't think she was capable of plopping her booty on and off the chair. She did it though! I give her a B because she still tries to put stuff in her mouth.



Craft time: D
Lila is one of the youngest in her class. Some of the crafts they do are pretty difficult! Can a two year old really glue circles on a piece of paper and use masking tape to attach a stick to it? I know the parents are supposed to do most of the work, but man...Lila won't have any part of it. I won't fail her on this because she will at least sit down at the table!


(Finished craft by mom)

Recess: A+
How can any kid not love recess? She's amazed not by the playground with the swings and the slides but of the dirty ball in the corner or the woodchips on the ground. That's my girl! She did however set her sights on a cute boy. Oh no! Hope this isn't a precursor to what I'll face when she's older.



Snack time: A
So far so good!

I have to make Valentines to give out next week. Exciting! hehe my Lila stamp needs to be put to use!

3 comments:

jangmi said...

oh chris! your report card cracks me up. lila gets an outstanding for effort and citizenship!! this school sounds so fun.

lilsprinkles said...

very cute post! haha! A+ for mommy!

Unknown said...

she already has a bf! won can't be happy about that :P can't wait to see her again...