Thursday, February 11, 2010

The dreaded first driving ticket

I went to a baby shower this past weekend, and it was held in a beautifully decorated home. The shower was oh so cute too and the games...TOO MUCH FUN!

So I came home that afternoon and decided I would finally do something about my horrid windows! I bought curtains! I'm SOOOOO nervous because I'm not a curtain person, but I was inspired to take a risk. Then I decided I needed a bench for my bedroom, a vanity for the corner of my bedroom, barstools, decor for my staircase walls, etc. Ugh!

My search has sadly come to a halt though. I got pulled over for the FIRST time, let me repeat the first time ever in my history of 12 years of driving and got my first ticket - the cell phone ticket. I really have to hit myself because I even saw the Oprah episode of how dangerous it is to use the cellphone while driving. In my defense, I was using it at a stoplight to check emails. :/ I always told myself if I ever got pulled over, I would start crying but that didn't happen. I got SOOOOO defensive and this cop was an A$$. He asked me why I was using the phone, and my response went something like this...

Me: I'm so sorry officer. I was trying to lower the volume to vibrate on my phone so that if someone called my daughter wouldn't hear it because it's time for her to nap. (stupid excuse, huh?)

Lila: Ahhhhhhh! Screaming and kicking her legs in a happy way. She was in the best mood.

Cop: She doesn't look tired to me. Give me your ID.

I got so discouraged of my tarnished record that I don't want to decorate anymore.

:(

2 comments:

Grace Y said...

Oh Chris!! It's ok :( You'll be more cautious now. And seriously, to me that excuse was pretty ingenious considering you had to think it up so fast! But I'm sure he's heard it all... One time I got pulled over and I did cry (mostly bc everything was going wrong that day and that was the final straw) I got a ticket anyway :(

jangmi said...

wait a minute...you can get a ticket for using your cell phone to check email??? i do that ALL THE TIME!! wth??? also, a cell ticket is a moving violation?? u should do your online traffic school w/ p...he memorized all the answers.