Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Halfway there

to a year that is! Life has definitely changed now that Lila is 6 months. No more quick trips in between her naps without remembering to bring her food. I've transitioned to three meals a day this week. She's not a little baby anymore :( It's stressful enough thinking about what to make the hubs for dinner, and now I need to make sure Lila is getting the right mix of foods everyday. Good thing I took nutrition class in college...the food pyramid is ingrained in my brain.

Her habits and mannerisms are not of an infant anymore. I swear she's said "umma" a couple times now. hmm...or is it "mama"? I can't tell yet, but she's babbling so much now. My all time favorite thing she does now is rest her head on my shoulder when she's tired. My heart melts. I loved seeing babies/toddlers do this to their parents, and now it's happening to me! Big sis has taught her this weird move where she shakes her hands and scrunches her face, and she's been doing this constantly the past few days. Her scrunchy face look while she's eating:



I needed to do some major summer cleaning because our living room was covered with baby stuff. It accumulates so fast...too fast. I'm picking up a jumperoo next week, and I'm scared to see how much space it's going to take up. Her chair just came in, and I couldn't resist doing a separate load of laundry today so I could check it out. Love the new furniture addition :)

5 comments:

jangmi said...

please don't EVER mention that nutrition class again!! i can't believe the bbq lasted so long...i'm telling ya, club kim is the new hotspot!

skinnyfat said...

mmmmm. guacamole with breastmilk!!! i can't believe she is already 6 months old. she's gotten so big! i love her.

ok. and i can't believe you're running out of room with all the baby stuff!! can you imagine what it would have been like if you lived in the apt. in sherman? ps. love the chair. so cute.

lilsprinkles said...

she looks like such a big girl in her chair. oh, so sad...she's going to be a toddler so soon! hurry up and have your 2nd!

Asianmommy said...

How cute she is in her giant chair!

Grace Y said...

don't be like me... you need to update more often! HI Lilaaaaa!